Let's talk about Zayn.

Hello you lovely lot!
I thought I'd make a quick post about this whole Zayn Malik thing. I've seen him getting a lot of flack today on social media, especially Tumblr because he attended the Asian Awards. Most of that being "that's not what a 'normal 22 year old' would do."
I think people need to understand that he never will be a "normal" 22 year old boy again, so him going to award shows isn't going to change anything. Yes, he did leave One Direction to get out of the spotlight but the media attention is never going to completely stop. He was a part of the biggest boy band in the world for the past five years. It's inevitable.
What people need to realize is that by him saying "normal" I personally believe he just mean he wanted to not have to be on your for eight months a year and having less than a month off every year.  He just wants to enjoy writing, spend time with his family and chill out. I don't think people should be getting angry that he's supporting something he enjoys, whether that means he's walking a red carpet to so so or not.
I understand he has been a big part of our lives for the past five years but we need to let him live his own life without judging him for everything he does. Isn't that the reason he left the band in the first place?





All the love,

- C


*this is just my opinion on the situation, I understand some people will disagree! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment