My Mad Fat Diary



It's not very often that a television show comes into your life and literally changes your views on life and the world. That hasn't happened for me since One Tree Hill, that is until My Mad Fat Diary came into my life. 

Although I don't personally struggle with the same illness that Rae the main character does, the show still taught me so many important lessons about life. It taught me that you may not always love everything about yourself, but thats okay. What's important is that you try. The people in your life will love you despite all of the things that you dislike, and they will love you for them. 

It also taught me to never keep people in your life that make you feel inferior. If people can't accept you for the amazing person that you are, than they can "F**k off!" as Kester would say. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life, and you are better off without it. 

It also taught me not to settle. Not to settle in any aspect of my life. Whether it be the dream job you always wanted, or the really attractive boy that you think is too good for you, don't ever settle for anything less. 

I know this was kind of a ramble post, but I love the show and just felt like sharing why I love it so much, so sorry if this makes absolutely no sense. If you haven't checked out the show please do, because it is life changing. 

All the love, 
- C

xxx

“Everyone’s crazy. Everyone has to struggle and fight. They just haven’t realized it yet. At least you have.” 

— Finn



0 comments:

Post a Comment